By Thomas Weisel Partners
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, signed into law by President Obama in February, includes provisions that attempt to counteract the credit crisis and spur investment in renewable energy
- Appropriates $6 billion to the DOE Loan Guarantee Program and expands it on a temporary basis to include certain “shovel-ready” projectsstarting by 9/30/11
- Provides $4.5 billion for modernization of the electric grid
- Provides approximately $21 billion to various federal and state programs including funding R&D; for renewables and energy efficiency, high performance green buildings, clean energy and efficiency projects and for the retrofit and weatherization of low-income housing
- Timminco Limited, a TSX-listed company, raised $20.2 million in a follow-on offering
- One cleantech IPO, Changing World Technologies, withdrew its IPO after its roadshow
- The largest private raise for the month was completed by Sierra Solar raising $40.0 million
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Thomas Weisel Partners. Subject to applicable law, Thomas Weisel Partners may monitor, review and retain written communications traveling through its networks and/or systems. Electronic transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately. Thomas Weisel Partners does not accept time-sensitive transactional messages, including customer orders to buy and sell securities, via e-mail or Instant Messaging.
Any information or data provided in this message has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Such information reflects current market conditions, is subject to change without notice and should not be relied upon for tax purposes. Any transactional details are provided at your request and do not supersede your normal trade confirmations or monthly statements. Any product recommended is subject to prior sale. Additional information is available upon request.
Thomas Weisel Partners LLC, and/or officers, directors or employees, may at times have a position in or make a market in any security described, and/or may act as an investment banker or advisor to any company referenced. Thomas Weisel Partners LLC reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all electronic communications sent and/or received by its employees.
[ return to table of contents ]